Friday, May 4, 2012

The key chain collection...

I was talking to a friend at work yesterday...Leigh :D...and we have something in common, we collect key chains. Its funny because its something we've both been doing since we were in middle school. I think I picked up key chains because they are small and fairly inexpensive. I've probably never paid more than $7 for one.

While I was in school getting my master's degree for two and a half years (Webster 2002), I felt very grounded and not in the good way. There was always a paper or presentation due in the next few days or weeks, so there wasn't much time to travel. It wasn't like I'd traveled much before that, but for some reason graduation spurred the travel bug for me. I had to get out and be on the move. So I have quite a few key chains from the states (19) and countries (4) I've visited. The trick here is that I have to have visited the state to be able to add the key chain to the collection.

After talking with Leigh yesterday, I realized I need to go through my list before we leave so I can be sure to get all the ones I need...I'm also going to pick up some for her, she doesn't have crazy requirements for her collection...lucky her! Here are the ones I think I'll be able to get on the trip...in order

  • Missouri
  • Oklahoma
  • New Mexico
  • Colorado
  • Utah
  • Arizona
  • Idaho
  • Montana
  • Wyoming
  • South Dakota
  • Nebraska (Technically we won't be in Nebraska, but I-11 runs right next to the state line in Iowa, so I hope we are close enough that I can count this one)
  • Iowa
  • Kansas
Have you noticed I like lists?

Hey parents, I highly recommend key chains as a collection for your kids...they take up a lot less room than stuffed animals...no offense Ellie!

1 comment:

  1. Missouri isn't new...I've been to St. Louis and I think I have a keychain.

    ReplyDelete

“Travel makes one modest, you see what a tiny place you occupy in the world.”— Gustave Flaubert