Monday, May 28, 2012

Home safe and sound...

I'm happy to report that we have made it home safe and sound to "Lexington and Louisville". We arrived here just before midnight and R was back in Lexington right at 1:00 AM. I cannot express how thankful I am for this trip and for a friend that was willing to go on it with me. The driving and moving in and out of hotels was definitely a challenge, but I feel that we are stronger for the experience.

I am unhappy to report that my Aunt Pete (that is not a made up name, its not her real name, but it is what we called her) passed yesterday while we were on the last leg of our journey. Aunt Pete is my Dad's sister and she actually passed on my Dad's birthday, 5/27 - which he did as well years ago.

It's pretty obvious to say that I loved my Aunt Pete, she was a memorable and lovable individual. I guess in my heart I am happy for her too because I know she's also home safe and sound. Please say a prayer for my family as we move forward with her memory in our hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

“Travel makes one modest, you see what a tiny place you occupy in the world.”— Gustave Flaubert