Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Charge everything...

Not financially, but electronically. Did i already say this? Its important so it bears repeating. After a day spent primarily at the house, I used the camera, but I didn't charge the camera. It looked like it had 4 bars. Needless to say that when the videoing and picture taking started, it quickly jumped to 3 and the day was just getting started.

Turns out R had done the same thing...so there was self inflicted stress as the Horseman would say.

While we're on the subject of charging...and this time I mean financially...cash or debit card?

Your choice. The only argument for cash is not leaving your debit (or credit) card number in a trail across the country. The downside of cash is that you might run out and then you'll have to either switch to the card or use the get cash option on a credit card which means you'll have to pay fees.

On this trip I've been the cash chick. R is the debit card guy. I'm still looking at a fair amount of cash considering what's ahead, but I'm also using my $200 in gift credit cards from work that I don't care whether they are recorded here there and everywhere because they will be gone very soon. (I need to go online and check their balances before heading out today).

The only exception to our normal rule is the car/gas credit card that we're using. We'll pay that off when we get back and have a total on the whole thing. In the past we've taken turns at the gas pump, but that can come out a little uneven - especially when gas gets up to $5.15 per gallon...YES CAN YOU BELIEVE IT???? - so we're using this plan to see how it works out.

I don't even want to see the credit card bill, but I must say the 2012 Chrysler 300 is very good on gas. The highest MPA was 31.5. After all the hills yesterday its at about 29 still very respectable for a car as luxurious as this one. I'm just pretty embarrassed about the condition it's in right now. She's filthy! I might have to do something about that even though R thinks I'm crazy...it's a rental after all.

Anyway, on the cash vs. card issue it is a true toss up in my opinion.

1 comment:

  1. The 1st thing my father always did with his car (rental or personal) when we arrived at our vacation destination was go to the carwash. He refused to drive around in a dirty car! lol I say wash it and quit having people stare at you wondering why the car is so dirty. Soon people will be writing notes in the dirt!

    ReplyDelete

“Travel makes one modest, you see what a tiny place you occupy in the world.”— Gustave Flaubert