Saturday, August 16, 2014

Puppies and Railroad Ties

Se we are off to FL again...now this is what I call vacation. Getting into full vacation mode by already being unable to complete sentences in conversation!

It took me a bit longer to get to Lexington than normal. Since I had to run through Versailles to hack and claim a few portals. I didn't leave home til almost 5 there was traffic after Frankfort and that led me to  turn around and go through Versailles. I got to the house about 8. 

The dogs were all happy to see me. Mabel was her calm "excited but I'm not going to lick you" self. Wiley was the young apprehensive puppy that he is but that Felix! He barked and talked to me and even managed to get tangled up in the folds of my sundress. He is a character for sure.

It is 3am and we just had a bit of a run in with what might have been a railroad tie. R is driving and we ran over something that was all the way across the road. Not sure what it was but he said it looked like it would do major damage - I was looking down at the phone and never even saw it! - so we pulled off the road and into a lit parking lot to check it out. We heard a strange noise as we slowed down but didn't see anything or hear anything in the parking lot. We got back on the road and we started to hear a small whirring sound but nothing about the car wasn't working. 

We press on.....


1 comment:

  1. There was slight damage to the car. There was a plastic piece behind the rear driver's side tire that was cut in the process. We took it off so it would stop making the scraping noise that was driving us crazy. The dealership told me that I could throw it away because it was just decorative...not functional in any way...WHY is this piece on my car then??? UGH Thankful

    ReplyDelete

“Travel makes one modest, you see what a tiny place you occupy in the world.”— Gustave Flaubert