Monday, August 18, 2014

Life of the Wild

Up early this morning..figure that.

The wellness challenge at work is about sleep this month and I am doomed to fail even on vacation. We are supposed to get 7 hours a night and that never happens for me! I think I went to bed about 1AM and I was up at 6AM like it was nothing.  Better morning response than when I'm at home and need to go to work! I've already had my breakfast and sat on the patio watching the wildlife.

Every year we come here there is some wildlife that is the one we see more than others... one year it was crabs walking across the streets, one year it was love bugs, another it was the blue jellyfish...always something.

This year it's DOLPHINS!!!!! I'm so excited! There were about 10 of them out this morning and yesterday afternoon we saw two over on the river side by the park. They are just out there playing...

So of course thoughts run through my head...

  • I guess dolphins don't sleep? I guess no fish do. 
  • I've been sleep all night - lazy human - and they've been swimming
  • What makes the morning the best time for them to have fun?
  • Will this be a pattern I'll see all week? 
It's just so cool...I can'd wait for R to get some really good pictures with his good camera. But that might be tomorrow because he's a lazy human and hasn't even stirred yet!

P.S. Dragonflies are the other - less exciting - prominent wildlife right now. So far they are cool too...they don't bother me, so they can stay. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

“Travel makes one modest, you see what a tiny place you occupy in the world.”— Gustave Flaubert