Monday, July 16, 2012

Going away...

I was "away" this weekend at a scrapbooking retreat...yes, that's a real thing that I truly enjoy...anyway, it was at what I call the last house in the county but because I go there with absolutely no intention of moving my car, I consider it being out of town.

EdwardLover and MidnightSwimmer, her best friend, were there as were a few of my other work friends including MorningPerson and the MemoryMaker. ShinyLegs was trying to get there but had other commitments.

We all got a lot done and really had a great weekend. We laughed and scrapped and laughed some more.

The point of the story however is that it is always a welcome event when I arrive back home. Granted that today lugging all my scrapping stuff back upstairs was a pain in the hind quarters, I am trying to look at it as all the exercise I missed out on sitting in a chair for 2 days!!

NOTE: I did not scrap the big trip! I worked on events and trips from 2005, 2007 and 2011! I still have the family cruise to do too from 2010 - maybe it will be done before we do another one ...maybe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

“Travel makes one modest, you see what a tiny place you occupy in the world.”— Gustave Flaubert